Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Tianna's Journal (1): Wedding Revelry - And the Arrival of Strangers

The evening's festivities proceeded without much fuss and all the people were in high spirits. Old man Khan, as usual, had a little too much to drink and had to have his wife knock the ale out of his hand and drag him home by the ear.

Jermyn looked ravishing in her wedding dress! I can only hope that I'll be able to be as skillful with sewing when my own big day comes, though i doubt I'd have the patience to be indoors for a few months at a stretch, working at a silly piece of garment that will only be worn just once in your lifetime!

I think I injured Lamos during the sword dance just now. I can't help but submit to the seduction of power each time I grip the hilt of my sword. That surge of exhilaration that rushes through my blood makes me lose sight of the hazy line that separates friend from foe, till I can only see one thing: my opponent. I must remember to pay my respects to brother Lamos later on, and offer my apologies.

There were strangers in our midst tonight. I know not the identity of the three men, only that Queen Mother calls them her guests. The people say they were hired to help drive away the orcs. Once again, worry spoils the evening's joy and I am, again, plagued with concern about the recent attacks. I wonder how long it will be before our village falls siege to the inexhaustible troops that keep pouring from the north. Much damage was left after we drove off the recent herd and Queen Mother refused to let tragedy interrupt the scheduled events. I suspect that the key to our victory lies in defeating the orc captain in his stronghold, only our diminished army would not permit the risk of leaving the village borders unguarded. Perhaps someone will come up with a solution during the council meeting tomorrow.

The Queen be praised!

Tia

No comments: