Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Tianna's Journal (2): Liberating the Orc Stronghold

I have scarcely returned from the council meeting and have but a few moments before I take my sword to relieve the night watchman at his post. There was much debate and tension at the meeting tonight and I was surprised to see the strangers there. After all the protests about involving the outsiders in our own affairs, Queen Mother decided to accept their offer to help for the plan I brought up: to infiltrate the orc stronghold and slay the captain.

I have no doubt that they must have considerable influence and reputation for their prowess to have had Queen Mother trust them so. Still, it should have been me that was sent to make the killing! Regardless, they will have to come back alive and victorious before they gain any respect from *me*.

The paladin is the leader of the group. He seems wiser and more powerful than the rest and there is definitely more to him than meets the eye. I bear no conclusion to Queen Mother's politeness and liking for him but I was definitely annoyed at the way Fae and the other girls were giggling as they spied on him through the gaps of the tent. A man would have to have more than mere good looks in order to catch Tia's eye!

The short adorable one, Thorin, is rather fascinating. I have never seen a dwarf close up before. And I did not know that they had the stomach for the barrels of ale that this one vanquished tonight!

Nakai is the tall and silent one. I heard whispers that the white-clothed cleric is a retired warrior, with a name that is no stranger to any house. He held his tongue throughout and was but listening as the rest bantered on.The party will be spending the night with us before old man Khan equips them with some equipment to set them off towards the north in the morning.

I have decided that I shall not speak to any of the strangers and concentrate on protecting the village should anything go wrong on their part -- something that will come as no surprise to me.

Tia

No comments: