Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Tianna's Journal (3): The Orcs Remain

It has been three sets of the sun but there is still no movement in the north. This leaves the conclusion that the strangers have either forsaken us or heaven forbid, already have their heads mounted on poles. How else could they have tarried on a task that shouldn't take this long to complete?

The merchants continue to steer clear of our borders, greatly intimidated by the last plunder in the village. If this terrorism does not cease, starvation will soon set in; I worry most for the children. No doubt the village has become an isolated abandonment, surrounded by devilish danger that threatens to snap at any hapless chicken that strays from its coop.

No. The orcs must be stopped. If I see no sign of life by next sunrise, I will lead our men to finish the deed, Queen Mother has to approve, for time is a-wasting even as I speak.

She has called our allies from the nearest tribes and men have already begun to rally at our village to brace against the next invasion, which is likely to be triggered off whether or not the strangers succeed in their mission. I feel my senses immensely dulled by the lack of skirmish. I would rather be at the stronghold, hunting orc and meting out our revenge.

I spied the Elder and Queen Mother whispering furtively by the prayer grounds this morning. My ears could have deceived me but I had caught the sound of my name amidst their hushed conversation. I did not like the look on their worried faces either.

My soul pricks with the sense that something immense is about to occur. Nervousness and anxiety has crept into my heart though I can find no cause for it. I shall seek solace and counsel at father's crypt as soon as my watch is relieved.

The gods keep me.
Tia

No comments: